Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Firsts in my First Term

"'After all,' Anne had said to Marilla once, 'I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.'"
From Anne of Avonlea By L.M. Montgomery




Top 10 
(in no particular order) 

  1. Watching New Years Eve fireworks over the Themes in London
  2. Mulled Wine (yummy)
  3. Reading (and Potentially Understanding) German Philosophy 
  4. Christmas in a Medieval Gothic Cathedral 
  5. Mince Pie (yucky)
  6. Ordering a Cab 
  7. Christmas without my Family 
  8. Conversation with Someone on Their First Day out of Jail
  9. Weekend Trip to a Foreign Country 
  10. Pulling a Christmas Cracker

Can't wait to see what the New Year brings! 
Happy 2013

P.S. My mother was upset to see #7 because she thought I was happy to not be with them for Christmas. However, this list is of first - not always good - from this term. I don't want anyone thinking that I stayed in the UK over break because I didn't want to see the fam!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for clarification! I'm interested in the "first day out of jail" story. . . ~Mom

    ReplyDelete