Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Amy and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

"I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running and I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.”
From Alexander and the Terrible,  Horrible,  No Good, Very Bad Day By Judith Viorst

Today I had a day worthy of Alexander. In his honor I write this post. 

I went to sleep last night after 1 am and this morning I had to get up by 7 and as I pulled my sock on it got a hole in the heel and when I went to pull out my entrance and metro tickets I couldn't find them and I could tell it was going to be a terrible,  horrible,  no good, very bad day. 

While everyone else enjoyed the Musee d'Orsey I walked to the closest Starbucks which was 5 blocks away in the rain and I took out my camera to take a picture and I found out that the battery was still at the hotel.
I think I'll move to Australia.

When it was time to meet the group outside the museum I put my coat on and heard a ripping sound, I looked and found a hole under my arm and as I walked with the coffee for Anna the liquid kept splashing out all over my coat, my hand, and my socks and I knew it was going to be a terrible,  horrible,  no good very bad day. 

At Napoleon's tomb everyone else went inside and I had to wait in the cold drafty entry then they moved the meeting point without telling me and but when I finally got to them they had already eaten lunch and we were late.
I think I'll move to Australia.

At the Pantheon it started to pour and I got an éclair and went to eat it on the porch while everyone else went inside but the guard kicked me out so I stood in the rain on the sidewalk to eat it and I knew it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Everyone else got to go to the top of Monparnasse to have a panoramic view of Paris I sat on a cold slab by the street and then my nail ripped and it started to bleed but I didn't have a band-aid and it really, really hurt.

It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

My mom says some days are like that . . . Even in Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh... My dear daughter. . . I had no idea it was such an incredibly, absolutely terrible, horrible and no good, very bad day. I am so sorry. I wish I could have done something to "kiss the owie and make it better" - but you did a great job of putting on a brave face along with your brave heart! Thanks for sharing. ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad that all happened. It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. And some weeks go that way too! Hugs Dad

    ReplyDelete