Saturday, August 17, 2013

Picture of the Day

Please just take a moment to enjoy the pictures...
This is just a taste of the wonder I experienced today


Okay so you might ask - "what on earth?"
Apparently this is AyaCon - a convention around all things "Japanese" 
But I think it's mostly just an excuse for people to dress up as their favorite anime or manga character (though I saw several Spidermans and I'm pretty sure that isn't either of these)

For me it was the best lunch break EVER! 
We got a hint of what was coming yesterday when people dressed like Sailor Moon and Scooby Doo characters flooded campus while we were on our dinner break. But nothing prepared us for the wonderful viewing experience of today. It was like a little ComicCon had descended upon Warwick. Not that I'd ever want to participate (ever, this is so not my scene) but that didn't keep us from enjoying the insane costumes - most of which were amazing. People clearly put blood, sweat, and tears into them. If you look carefully, the girls in orange and purple have perfectly even matching skin colors. And one of the blue mercenaries (or whatever they are) has shoes that makes it look like he has hoofs for feet! That is commitment!
Needless to say, we eventually forced ourselves back to the library in better moods than we'd been in for weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. Those are fabulous! I can only imagine the detail on each of them; wow! I love the purple one (of course)! And the red head piece is pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing this delightful side-road! ~Mom

    ReplyDelete